The number of European homes paying a monthly subscription to receive SVOD [subscription video on demand] packages will climb from 1.78 million in 2010 (0.6% of TV households) to 17.99 million by end-2014 (6.4%) and onto 59.41 million in 2020 (20.7%), according to a new report from Digital TV Research. Read the story »
Belgium premium broadcaster BeTV is launching its TV Everywhere service BeTV Go nationwide on September 1. Read the story »
Blue Microphones, as the company's name suggests, specializes in recording equipment, from professional studio mics to desktop models to mobile accessories. Today, Blue is breaking into a brand new product category, though not really out of its comfort zone, with the launch of the Mo-Fi headphones. It's a move you may have been expecting, given Blue announced its intentions at the beginning of the year, and has continued to tease this first foray into listening gear ever since. Put simply, the idea is to bring the kind of high-fidelity audio you'd get from a home sound system to other, more portable devices (as long as you're willing to pay for it). Blue's Mo-Fi cans are available in the US today for $350, and will be coming to the UK "soon" for £275.
Source: Blue Microphones
European cultural channel ARTE has set up a portal for movie fans on the internet. Read the story »
Russia Today plans to allocate R1.399 billion (€29.3 million) for a new French language version of the channel. Read the story »
thePlatform is expanding its role with BT to provide cloud-based video management into its YouView set-tops. Read the story »
Tablet TV is nearing its San Francisco-area beta launch in partnership with the KOFY-TV station, owned by Granite Broadcasting, and research seems to suggest the timing looks to be ideal. Read the story »
Com Hem is bringing in a free upgrade that will take the majority of its customers up to speeds of at least 50 Mbps. Read the story »
Tribune Media Company has appointed John Batter as the chief executive officer of Gracenote and executive vice president of Tribune Media. Read the story »
The two Georgian public broadcasters GBP and Adjara TV and Radio are increasing cooperation, with help from the European Broadcasting Union (EBU). Read the story »
The European Commission has set a deadline of November 3, 2014, to decide on Liberty Global’s proposed takeover of Dutch cable operator Ziggo. Read the story »
TiVo has revealed the ‘limited edition’ TiVo Roamio OTA PVR with an initial retail price of $49.99 (EUR37.83), for those who do not have cable or satellite service, yet still want a PVR. Read the story »
The Russian cable operator Akado Telekom has upgraded its Moscow backbone network using the Infinera DTN-X platform. Read the story »
- East Coast "TV of Tomorrow Show" Event Will Feature over 100 Expert Speakers and Panelists; Hands-On Exhibits, Workshops and Master Classes; Unparalleled Opportunities for Networking and Deal-Making; [itvt]'s Popular Holiday Party; and Much, Much More
- Show Will Take Place in a Spectacular New Location with World-Class Audio-Visual Capabilities: New York's Famous SVA Theatre
- Tickets on Sale Now: Special Early-Bird and Group Rates Available
[itvt] is pleased to announce that TVOT NYC 2014, our fifth annual East Coast TV of Tomorrow Show (TVOT) event, will take place Tuesday, December 9th at New York's famous SVA Theatre (333 W. 23rd Street)--a new location that offers unparalleled 4K UHD audio-visual capabilities, as well as ample capacity to accommodate the show's ongoing growth. The Milton Glaser-designed facility, which is part of the School of Visual Arts, has been described as "the cultural center" of Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood.
TVOT NYC packs all the excitement of our flagship TV of Tomorrow Show (spring 2015, San Francisco)--now in its ninth year--into a highly focused, dialog-driven, one-day "intensive." The show--which is carefully designed to encourage networking and deal-making--enables the pay-TV operators, consumer electronics manufacturers, social media companies, entrepreneurs and technologists who are building the TV platforms of tomorrow to engage in a productive exchange of ideas with the brands, broadcasters, networks, agencies, marketers, investors, producers/creators, developers, designers, storytellers and other stakeholders upon whom the success of those platforms depends. TVOT NYC consistently attracts a veritable "who's who" of the interactive TV, pay-TV, advertising and broadcasting/programming industries, and has been widely praised for offering a uniquely inspiring, rewarding and enjoyable experience, unlike any other tradeshow or conference.
As the end-of-year event-of-record for the interactive/advanced-TV industry, TVOT NYC 2014 will also provide attendees with their last, best opportunity to fully understand the significance of the many industry developments that have taken place in 2014, and to hone their strategic grasp of the key issues that will be shaping the industry in the New Year.
Web Site: http://www.thetvoftomorrowshow.com
Follow on Twitter: @tvotshow or @tswedlow
- To find out more about discounted early-bird REGISTRATION (40% off if you purchase your ticket by September 10th!), click here
- To find out more about SPONSORSHIP and EXHIBITION opportunities, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-824-5806. Please note that we are very happy to work with your marketing department to develop creative, custom sponsorship packages that are specifically tailored to your company's communications needs.
- To find out more about holding a WORKSHOP/MASTER CLASS session at the show, where you can showcase your company's solutions and services--or its vision for the television of tomorrow--contact us at email@example.com or 415-824-5806
- To find out more about SPEAKING opportunities, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-824-5806
- To view TESTIMONIALS from sponsors, exhibitors, speakers and attendees about our two most recent TV of Tomorrow Show events (The TV of Tomorrow Show 2014, June 10th-11th; and TVOT NYC 2013, December 10th), click here
- For a video overview of The TV of Tomorrow Show 2014, click here
- For a video overview of TVOT NYC 2013, click here
- For a gallery of photos from The TV of Tomorrow Show 2014, click here
- To explore the TV of Tomorrow Show Web site, click here
- To discuss TVOT NYC 2014, or to give us feedback and suggestions (including new technologies you would like to see showcased, topics you would like to see discussed, and creative ideas for how your company can sponsor the show), email us at email@example.com
Harmonic (Hall1.B20) will demonstrate new software-defined video delivery that can be virtualised. Read the story »
Amazon has reached an agreement to acquire Twitch Interactive, a live video platform for gamers. $970 million in cash. Read the story »