[itvt] is pleased to present a VIDEO RECORDING of the TVOT NYC 2013 session, "Dragons of Design: Mapping the Crossroads of Design and Technology." The session was described in the show brochure as follows:
"This session will explore how TV UI/UX designers are adapting and innovating in response to a range of emerging phenomena in the advanced-TV space, including TV Everywhere; broadcast-synchronized second-screen interactivity; 4K resolution; natural user interfaces; rich metadata; programming-discovery technologies; and more.
Examples of innovative TV UI/UX designs--including designs submitted by [itvt] readers as part of [itvt]'s 'Interface Showcase' contest--will be examined and critiqued by a panel composed of 1) members of [itvt]'s go-to team of prominent design experts, 'The Dragons of Design' (first featured in our spring 2013 show in San Francisco); 2) representatives of companies which are developing new technologies and media that promise to change the TV user experience; and 3) an executive who is charged with mediating between a) the promise of new, interactive/advanced TV designs and technologies and b) the real-world practicalities of the pay-TV business.
In addition to exploring the intersection of TV design and technology innovation, the panelists will vote to select the winner of the TVOT NYC 2013 'Interface Showcase' contest." Panelists included:
- Fabian Birgfeld, Director, W12 Studios
- Curt Dowdy, VP of Marketing and Client Services, Audible Magic
- John Gilles, Director of New Media, Code and Theory
- Chris Kuhrt, ITV Product Manager, Dish Network (Realist)
- Christy Martin, Chief Technical Advisor, ThinkAnalytics
- Dewey Reid, VP of Design for Mobile and Emerging Products, Yahoo
- Bill Sheppard, Director of TV and Living Room, Nuance Communications
- Thomas Williams, User Experience Director, Ostmodern
- Wes Williams, Director of Product Management, Scripps Networks (Moderator)
For those on mobile devices without Flash, here is the video:
Be sure to register for the TV of Tomorrow Show 2014!
June 10-11th - San Francisco