Radio [itvt]: "Engaging the Distracted Viewer: New Advertising Formats" at TVOT
[itvt] is pleased to present an audio recording of the TVOT SF 2016 session, "Engaging the Distracted Viewer: New Advertising Formats." The session was described in the show brochure as follows: "In an era of adblocking, adskipping, timeshifting and multitasking (according to recent research from TiVo, 56% of viewers multitask every time, or nearly every time, a commercial break airs, with an additional 40% admitting to multitasking 'sometimes'), how can we make TV and video advertising more viewable and engaging?
This session will explore new advertising formats that are seeking to do exactly that (or at least to make advertising more tolerable for the average viewer), including recent innovations in interactive advertising, selectable advertising (i.e. advertising that allows viewers to select an ad to watch, in return for the ability to watch content with little or no commercial interruptions), native advertising and beyond. In addition, panelists will debate how to re-think the ad-viewing experience in order to make it more appealing to a new generation of viewers whose viewing tastes have been shaped by their engagement with the new genres of content that are emerging on social-video platforms."
- Anna Bager, SVP and GM of Mobile and Video, IAB (Moderator)
- Christian Borges, SVP of Marketing, true[X]
- Tal Chalozin, CTO, Innovid
- Boaz Cohen, GM of TV and Advanced Platforms, Eyeview
- Mike Fisher, VP of Product Strategy and Business Development, BrightLine
- Ken Roulier, CTO, Broadband, Cable and Satellite Division, Amdocs
- Seth Walters, Senior Partner, Interactive and Connected TV, MODI Media
(Note: Our next TV of Tomorrow Show event, TVOT NYC 2016, takes place December 8th at the SVA Theatre in Manhattan. Discount pricing ends midnight Monday, October 31st. Purchase your tickets here: http://tvotnyc2016.eventbrite.com)