Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (II): Comcast, The CW, Condition One, CMI, Discovery, Fourth Wall Studios, Glocal, Harmonic, Hulu, Intel, Comcast RDK, iStreamPlanet
Because the [itvt] editorial team is busy working on our upcoming TV of Tomorrow Show event, TVOT NYC Intensive (December 10th in New York City--Fall-Discount pricing ends midnight, October 31st!), we are covering stories in this issue in headlines format:
- Comcast in Deal to Bring The CW Network's Primetime Line-Up to its VOD Platform; Deal Marks First Time The CW Has Offered its Shows on Pay-TV VOD
- Condition One Raises $2.35 Million from Mark Cuban, Other Angel Investors; Company, Founded by "Hell and Back Again" Producer, Danfung Dennis, Enables Immersive, 180-Degree Video
- Consolidated Media Industries (CMI), a Netherlands-Based Provider of Cloud-Based Digital Cinema and Entertainment Distribution Solutions, Opens Los Angeles-Area Office
- Discovery Launches Global Facebook Page, Dedicated YouTube Channel, for its New Series, "How We Invented the World"
- Fourth Wall Studios Releases Multiscreen, Immersive, Interactive Short Film, "6:14," on its RIDES.tv Platform; Film Stars Ethan Embry and Michael Ironside
- Glocal Emerges from Beta; Company Aggregates News Videos and Organizes them by City
- Harmonic Powers IPTV and OTT Multiscreen Services for ETEX Telephone Cooperative
- Hulu Viewership Declines
- Intel Licenses Comcast Reference Design Kit (RDK); Company's Puma Gateway Solution and Atom CE4200 Media Processor Are Powering Comcast's New XG1 Multi-Tuner Gateway
- iStreamPlanet Debuts "Aventus" Cloud-Based Live Video Platform
Discovery "How We Invented the World"
Fourth Wall Studios - Rides - "6 :14"