Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (III): Horizon TV, LinkTV, Making View, Xbox, Microsoft "Cloud TV," Miso, Nagra, Ekioh, Netflix, CBS
Because the [itvt] editorial team is busy working on our upcoming TV of Tomorrow Show event, TVOT NYC Intensive (December 10th in New York City), we are covering stories in this issue in headlines format:
- Liberty Global Says it Has Signed Up 50,000+ Subscriptions for its New Horizon TV Platform
- LinkTV Launches World News App for iPad
- Norway's Making View Showcases its ViewCam 360 Interactive Video Technology on New Web Site
- Microsoft Xbox Patent-Filing Describes "Content Distribution Regulation by Viewing User"
- Microsoft Job Posting for Position in "Cloud TV Team" Fuels Speculation
- Following Slow Uptake of its SideShows Product, Social-TV Company, Miso, Launches Quips: App Lets Users "Find a Great Scene from a TV Show, Caption it with your Thoughts, and Share it Instantly with Friends on Facebook, Twitter, or on your Quips Feed"
- Nagra Extends Partnership with Scalable Vector Graphics Specialist, Ekioh, to Include its OpenTV 5 Middleware
- Netflix, CBS Extend International Licensing Agreements in Canada, Latin America, UK, Ireland
- Following Purchase of a 10% Stake in the Company by Activist Investor Carl Icahn, Netflix Inserts "Poison Pill" into its Share Structure
LinkTV on iPad
Making View 360 ViewCam
Microsoft Xbox Patent