Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (VII): Samsung, Sling Media, Belkin, Monsoon Media, Smart TV Alliance, "Conan"
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for several weeks, because our editorial team was working on TVOT NYC Intensive 2012 and then taking a post-event break. In order to catch up with the news we missed during that period--as well as the huge volume of news currently being generated by CES 2013--we are covering stories in headlines/round-up format (note: we have marked older stories with the date they originally broke). We expect it will take us a couple of weeks to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- Samsung Revamps its Smart-TV "Smart Hub"
- Samsung Trumpets New Smart TV Apps and Services; Says Interactive TV Content "Will Be Among Primary Drivers of Growth" in 2013
- Samsung Unveils "Evolution Kit" to Counter Smart-TV Obsolescence
- Samsung Launches Version 4.0 of its Smart-TV SDK; Adds Linux and Mac O/S Support
- Samsung Launches Curved OLED TV
- Sling Media Sues Belkin and Monsoon Media for Infringing on its TV-Placeshifting Patents
- Smart TV Alliance Announces Five New Members, Unveils Updated SDK
- Team Coco Seeks to Crowdsource "Conan" Episode in "Occupy Conan" Promotion