Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (III): DirecTV, Dish Network, Ensequence, Sony, ES3, Azuki Systems, Microsoft Mediaroom
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for several weeks, because our editorial team was working on TVOT NYC Intensive 2012 and then taking a post-event break. In order to catch up with the news we missed during that period--as well as the huge volume of news currently being generated by CES 2013--we are covering stories in headlines/round-up format (note: we have marked older stories with the date they originally broke). We expect it will take us a couple of weeks to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- DirecTV Adds 30+ Networks to its "TV Everywhere" Service (December 18th)
- Dish Network Launches Dish Explorer Second-Screen iPad App for its Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR; App Offers Program-Discovery Tools, Social-TV Functionality and Remote-Control Capabilities
- Dish Network Enables TV Placeshifting via "Hopper with Sling"
- Dish Network Launches "Hopper Transfers" App to Deliver DVR Recordings to iPad for Offline Viewing
- Dish Network Unveils New Hopper DVR Features: Digital Over-the-Air Tuner, "What's Hot" and "Game Finder" App (November 12th)
- Ruling Enables Dish Network to Continue to Offer Hopper "AutoHop" and "Primetime Anytime" Services (November 7th)
- Ensequence in Multi-Year Deal to Embed its Interactive TV Software in All Sony Connected TV's (December 4th)
- Ensequence Secures Three Patents for Interactive TV Advertising and Programming (November 14th)
- ES3, Azuki Systems Team on TumbleBooks TV Application for Microsoft Mediaroom