Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (VIII): Syfy Sync, TCL, This Technology, TiVo, Tongal, Twitter, Golden Globes, Washington Post, Watchwith, wywy
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for several weeks, because our editorial team was working on TVOT NYC Intensive 2012 and then taking a post-event break. In order to catch up with the news we missed during that period--as well as the huge volume of news generated last week by CES 2013--we are covering stories in headlines/round-up format (note: we have marked older stories with the date they originally broke). We expect it will take us a couple of weeks to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- Syfy Offers Second-Screen Interactive TV Experience for "Being Human" via Syfy Sync App
- TCL's New "MoVo with Google TV" Device Touted as Automatically Recognizing Family Members' Identity and Tailoring Viewing Experience to their Preferences
- Dynamic Ad Insertion Specialist, This Technology, Raises $7.5 Million in Series-A Funding (November 15th)
- TiVo iPad App to Offer "What to Watch" Feature
- Tongal Raises $15 Million in Private Equity Funding; Company Connects Brands with Crowd-Sourced Video Content
- Twitter Taps Celebrities to Live-Tweet Golden Globes
- Twitter Releases "Twitter TV Book" in UK; Analyzes Twitter-Enhanced Viewing Behavior via Demographics, Devices, Genres
- Washington Post to Launch Internet-TV Channel with "Immersive, Interactive Video Experience"
- Watchwith's Showrunner Sync-to-Broadcast Content-Creation and Syndication Platform Now Supports Live Programming, Integrates with RAMP, zeebox and DoubleClick (December 10th)
- German Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) Company, wywy, Announces US Launch at TVOT NYC Intensive (December 10th)