Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (VII): Oscars, Disney/ABC Digital Media, Panasonic, HSN, Redbox, Verizon, SeaChange International
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for several weeks, because our editorial team was working on TVOT NYC Intensive 2012 and then taking a post-event break. In order to catch up with the news we missed during that period--as well as the huge volume of news generated last week by CES 2013--we are covering stories in headlines/round-up format (note: we have marked older stories with the date they originally broke). We expect it will take us a couple of weeks to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- Official Oscars Second-Screen App Launches; Was Developed by Academy in Partnership with Disney/ABC Digital Media Team
- Panasonic Unveils New Apps, Connectivity Features, Partnerships for its Viera Connect Smart-TV Platform; New Apps Include HSN Shop by Remote, YouTube DIAL, Showtime Preview
- Panasonic Unveils 2013 Smart Viera Plasma HDTV Line-Up; Key Features Include Personalized Home Screens, "Swipe & Share 2.0," Touch Pen, Voice Interaction
- Panasonic Unveils 2013 Smart Viera LED/LCD Line-Up
- Panasonic Unveils 2013 Blu-ray Player Line-Up
- Panasonic Unveils Two New Streaming Players
- Redbox Instant by Verizon to Launch before End of Q1
- Redbox Instant by Verizon Provides Details on Content and Device Partners (December 12th)
- SeaChange Wins Technology & Engineering Emmy for "Development and Commercialization for Digital Infrastructure for Local Cable Ad Insertion"
- SeaChange Names George Kajos General Manager of its Platform Business Unit; Responsibilities Include Company's Adrenalin and Nitro Products (December 12th)
Official Oscar's Apps