Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (V): Liberty Global, Horizon TV, Magic Ruby, Microsoft, Blake Krikorian, Minerva Networks, NBC, zeebox, Golden Globes, ITV, Shazam, Netflix, Turner, Warner Bros.
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for several weeks, because our editorial team was working on TVOT NYC Intensive 2012 and then taking a post-event break. In order to catch up with the news we missed during that period--as well as the huge volume of news generated last week by CES 2013--we are covering stories in headlines/round-up format (note: we have marked older stories with the date they originally broke). We expect it will take us a couple of weeks to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- Liberty Global-Owned Swiss Cable MSO, UPC Cablecom, Rolls Out Liberty's Next-Gen Horizon Platform
- Second-Screen Interactive TV Apps Specialist, Magic Ruby, Names Winifred Chang VP of Product Development (December 18th)
- Microsoft IllumiRoom Turns Entire Room into Xbox Screen
- Sling Media Co-Founder, Blake Krikorian, Named Corporate VP of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business
- Caribbean Telco, LIME, Deploys Minerva Networks' iTVFusion Platform to Power Broadband-TV Services
- NBC Taps zeebox to Bring Second-Screen Interactive TV to Golden Globes Coverage
- UK Broadcaster, ITV, Uses Shazam ACR Technology, never.no's Interactivity Suite to Feature User-Generated Content for Intel Commercial
- Netflix in Multi-Year Licensing Deal with Turner Broadcasting, Warner Bros. Television Group
- Amendment to VPPA Law Enables Netflix to Offer Facebook App for Sharing Users' Viewing History