Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (I): ATAS, Amazon, Nintendo Wii, ANT, Espial, Apple TV, Vivendi, Arris, Comcast, Motorola, Avail-TVN, BBC, Virgin Media, TiVo, Jonathan Bokor, Starcom MediaVest
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for several weeks, because our editorial team was working on TVOT NYC Intensive 2012 and then taking a post-event break. In order to catch up with the news we missed during that period--as well as the huge volume of news generated last week by CES 2013--we are covering stories in headlines/round-up format (note: we have marked older stories with the date they originally broke). We expect it will take us a couple of weeks to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Seeking VP of Digital
- Amazon Instant Video Launches on Nintendo Wii
- ANT Shareholders Approve Acquisition by Espial
- Apple TV Adds Vivendi's "Watchever" Subscription VOD Service in Germany
- Arris to Sell $150 Million Stake to Comcast in Connection with its Acquisition of the Motorola Home Business
- Avail-TVN Launches ViewNow SVOD Service (December 17th)
- BBC Releases Red-Button Interactive TV Schedule through January 19th
- BBC Launches Second-Screen Interactive TV App for "Antiques Roadshow"
- BBC Launches "Connected Red Button" on Virgin Media with TiVo; Will Roll Out on Other Connected-TV Platforms this Year (December 4th)
- Ex-Canoe Exec, Jonathan Bokor, Named SVP/Director of Advanced Media at Starcom MediaVest
BBC Red Button on Connected TV