Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (IV): Phonitive, Shaw Media, Time Warner Cable, Netflix, Matthew Zinn, Twitter, upLynk, Viggle, GetGlue, YuMe, Crowd Science
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for several weeks, because our editorial team was working on TVOT NYC Intensive 2012 and then taking a post-event break. In order to catch up with the news we missed during that period--as well as the huge volume of news generated last week by CES 2013--we are covering stories in headlines/round-up format (note: we have marked older stories with the date they originally broke). We expect it will take us a couple of weeks to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- French Interactive Video Start-Up, Phonitive, Secures 400,000 Euros in Angel-Funding Round; Company's Flagship Touchalize Platform Enables Users to Interact with and Customize Video via Touchscreen
- Shaw Media, Insight Productions, Secret Location Develop Interactive Digital Experience for "Big Brother Canada"
- Time Warner Cable Accuses Netflix of Withholding Content in Order to Gain Preferential Treatment from ISP's
- TiVo General Counsel, Matthew Zinn, Honored as "Deal Maker of Year" by the Association of Media & Entertainment Counsel
- Twitter's TV Arm Launches "Twitter Oscars Index" to Track Awards-Show Buzz
- upLynk Emerges from Stealth Mode, Releases HD Adaptive-Streaming Platform; Touted as Encoding Content in the Cloud, Using Non-Proprietary Adaptive Format that Enables Video to Play on All Major IP Platforms and Devices; Customers Include Disney/ABC
- Rewards-Based Social-TV Company, Viggle, Trumpets its "Single Busiest Day"; Claims to Have 1.6 Million+ Registered Users, Representing a 42% Increase over September 30th
- Viggle to Pay GetGlue up to $500,000 to Defray Costs of Abandoned Merger
- Digital Advertising Software and Services Company, YuMe, Acquires Audience-Targeting Technology Provider, Crowd Science
Matt Zinn of TiVo
Twitter Oscars Index