Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (I): ABC, Yahoo!, comScore, Digisoft, Strategy & Technology, Dish Network, FCC, Disney, AT&T U-verse, "Downton Abbey"
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for several weeks, because our editorial team was working on TVOT NYC Intensive 2012 and then taking a post-event break. In order to catch up with the news we missed during that period--as well as the huge volume of news generated last week by CES 2013--we are covering stories in headlines/round-up format (note: we have marked older stories with the date they originally broke). We expect it will take us a couple of weeks to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- ABC News, Yahoo! News Team to Offer Interactive Live-Streaming Coverage of Presidential Inauguration
- comScore Releases December 2012 US Online Video Rankings
- DASH Industry Forum Releases Version 0.9 of its MPEG DASH-264 Guidelines
- Digisoft Integrates Strategy & Technology's (S&T) RedKey MHEG 5 Engine into its Iris Set-Top Box Middleware Stack (December 5th)
- Court Sides with Dish Network, Rejects FCC's "Plug and Play" Order
- Disney to Launch Story-Driven "Gaming Universe," Disney Infinity
- Disney in Major "TV Everywhere" and VOD Distribution Deal with AT&T U-verse
- "Downton Abbey" Episodes to Be Available on iTunes Prior to US Broadcast