Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (III): Music Choice, Nangu.TV, Netgem, Hisense, PacketVideo, Redbox Instant, Shaw Media, "King of the Nerds," Shazam
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for several weeks, because our editorial team was working on TVOT NYC Intensive 2012 and then taking a post-event break. In order to catch up with the news we missed during that period--as well as the huge volume of news generated earlier this month by CES 2013--we are covering stories in headlines/round-up format (note: we have marked older stories with the date they originally broke). We expect it will take us a couple of weeks to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- Music Choice On Demand Launches New Artist-Focused Show, "Primed"
- Czech IPTV/OTT Platform Provider, Nangu.TV, in IPTV and VOD Deal with Polish ISP, E-CHO
- Nangu.TV Trumpets "Significant" Growth, Names New CFO (November 26th)
- French Set-Top and DTV-Software Company, Netgem, to Increase R&D Spending, Expand Product Range
- Hisense to Integrate PacketVideo's Twonky Solution into Google TV Products and Linux-Powered Connected TV's: Solution Enables Users to Play Back Content from Other Devices on their TV's
- PacketVideo Partners with Aigo to Bring Streaming-Video Dongles to Market
- PacketVideo in Streaming-Video Dongle Partnership with ShunCloud
- Redbox Instant "Gamifies" its Beta Test
- Shaw Media's Slice to Offer Full Episodes of "King of the Nerds" Online
- ACR Specialist, Shazam, Appoints Lastminute.com Founder, Brent Hoberman, to its Board of Directors (December 13th)
- Shazam Updates its Apps for iPhone, iPod touch (December 11th)
- Shazam App Enables Viewers to Make Donation during "12-12-12 Concert for Sandy Relief" (December 10th)
- Shazam Touts Study Showing that Shazam-Enabled TV Advertising Extends Engagement and Improves Effectiveness (November 19th)