Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (IV): Nielsen, Facebook, Netflix, Oscars, Packet Ship, Prospect Park, TOLN, Hulu, iTunes, Roku, SeaChange International
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for several weeks, because our editorial team was working on TVOT NYC Intensive 2012 and then taking a post-event break. In order to catch up with the news we missed during that period--as well as the huge volume of news generated earlier this month by CES 2013--we are covering stories in headlines/round-up format (note: we have marked older stories with the date they originally broke). We expect it will take us a couple of weeks to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- Report: Nielsen Exploring Use of Facial-Recognition Technology to Improve Accuracy of TV Ratings
- Nielsen-CTAM Survey Finds Facebook Dominant in Influencing Consumers to Watch TV Programs
- Original Series, "House of Cards," to Premier on Netflix February 1st
- Netflix to Pause International Expansion for First Half of 2013
- "Behind the Ballot" Series Launches on Oscars.com and the Official Oscars App
- VOD and DRM Software Provider, Packet Ship, Delivers OTT Solution to Thai Telco, CAT Telecom
- Prospect Park's The Online Network (TOLN) in Deals to Bring Revivals of "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" to Hulu, Hulu Plus and the iTunes Store
- Roku Mobile App Surpasses 1 Million Downloads; App to Become a "More Integral Part of the Roku Platform Experience in 2013"
- Peter Feld Resigns from SeaChange's Board of Directors