Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (III): ConnecTV, Google TV, Harlem Globetrotters, HBO, Immersive Media, Streamworks, IntoNow, Animal Planet, Irdeto, ITU, HEVC, Logitech, Netflix
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for several weeks, because our editorial team was working on TVOT NYC Intensive 2012 and then taking a post-event break. In order to catch up with the news we missed during that period--as well as the huge volume of news generated earlier this month by CES 2013--we are covering stories in headlines/round-up format (note: we have marked older stories with the date they originally broke). We expect it will take us a couple of weeks to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- ConnecTV Launches "SocialTV Timeline"; Service "Dynamically Syncs on your Mobile Devices to Whatever Show You're Watching, and Offers a Stream of Integrated News, Bios, Special Info, Polls, and Celebrity Tweets," as well as Live Chats with On-Air Talent
- Google Names "Google TV Ambassador Leads"
- Fans Invited to "Write the Rules" for Harlem Globetrotters' 2013 Tour; Special to Air on ESPN February 10th
- Report: Comments by New CEO Imply that HBO "May Be at Least Pondering the Possibility" of Offering an OTT Service for Cord-Cutters
- 360-Degree Interactive Video Specialist, Immersive Media, in Partnership with IP Video Delivery Provider, Streamworks International
- Yahoo!-Owned IntoNow Brings ACR-Powered Second-Screen Interactive TV to Animal Planet's "Puppy Bowl"
- Irdeto in Anti-Piracy Intiative with MultiChoice Africa
- ITU Approves "High Efficiency Video Coding" HEVC Standard; Says New Codec Will Need Only Half the Bit Rate of its Predecessor, thus Easing Pressure on Global Networks
- Logitech to Divest its Remote-Control and Digital Video Security Operations
Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet - Yahoo! IntoNow