Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (II): BBC iPlayer, BBC Sports, BBC Red Button, blinkx, Dailymotion, KoldCast TV, Cablevision, Roku, Disney
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for several weeks, because our editorial team was working on TVOT NYC Intensive 2012 and then taking a post-event break. In order to catch up with the news we missed during that period--as well as the huge volume of news generated earlier this month by CES 2013--we are covering stories in headlines/round-up format (note: we have marked older stories with the date they originally broke). We expect it will take us a couple of weeks to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- 2012 a Record Year for BBC iPlayer: Service Generated 2.32 Billion TV and Radio Program Requests, 36.6 Billion Minutes of Viewing; Requests from Mobiles and Tablets Up 177%
- BBC Sports' iOS App Adds Live and On-Demand Video
- BBC Releases Red-Button Interactive TV Schedule through February 2nd
- blinkx Launches Next Generation of its Video Search and Discovery Site; New Features Include "My Stream," Touch-Optimization for Tablets and Smartphones, "Pause and Pick-Up"
- blinkx in Partnership with Video-Sharing Company, Dailymotion
- blinkx in Original Programming Partnership with KoldCast TV
- Report: Cablevision Leasing Roku Boxes to Customers of its OMGFAST Wireless Broadband Service in Florida; Company Began Leasing Apple TV Boxes to OMGFAST Subs Last September
- Cablevision's "TV Everywhere" Service, Optimum TV to Go, Adds Watch Disney Channel, Watch Disney XD and Watch Disney Junior