Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (I): Amazon, AOL, Speed, Apple TV, HBO Go, Brightcove, Jeremy Allaire, BSkyB, Cisco (NDS), CES, Dish, CNET, CBS, Conax, Quadrille, Digital Utilities Ventures
As most of you are probably aware, [itvt]'s daily news reporting was on hiatus for several weeks, because our editorial team was working on TVOT NYC Intensive 2012 and then taking a post-event break. In order to catch up with the news we missed during that period, we are covering stories in headlines/round-up format (note: we have marked older stories with the date they originally broke). We expect it will take us a couple of weeks to catch up with all recent developments, so if you have sent us a press release or briefed us about a piece of news, and don't yet see it covered here, please bear with us.
- Amazon Prime Instant Video Greenlights 5 Original Pilots for Children's Programs, Adding to 6 Comedy Pilots it Greenlit Last December; Children's Pilots Include Interactive "Art Adventure" Show, "Creative Galaxy"
- AOL Original Online Series, "Translogic" and "The List," to Be Broadcast on Speed
- Report Apple in Negotiations with Time Warner to Bring HBO Go "TV Everywhere" App to Apple TV
- Brightcove Co-Founder, Jeremy Allaire, to Step Down as CEO; Will Become Executive Chairman and Will Be Succeeded as CEO by President and COO, David Mendels
- BSkyB to Use its Connected Set-Top Inventory to Launch Targeted Advertising this Summer; Will Be Powered by Cisco's Videoscape Unity Advertising Suite (Formerly NDS Dynamic)
- CES Retroactively Names Ad-Skipping Dish Hopper DVR Co-Winner of "Best of Show" Award; Ends CNET's Involvement in the Awards Program; CNET Editors Had Selected Dish Hopper as Best in Show, but Were Overruled by Corporate Parent, CBS, Due to Ongoing Litigation with Dish over the DVR
- Conax in Push-VOD Partnership with Quadrille
- Digital Utilities Ventures Launches "Vizzads" IPTV Advertising Platform