Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (IV): USA Network, "Psych," Viggle, Vimeo, Vuclip, Jigsee, Warner Bros. Entertainment, Turner Broadcasting, WD, Google TV, You On Demand, Youtoo, Zugara
Because the [itvt] editorial team has been busy working on The TV of Tomorrow Show 2013 (June 25th-26th in San Francisco), we are covering stories in this issue in headlines/round-up format:
- USA Network to Hold Six-Hour Social-TV "Slumber Party" for "Psych"; Elements Include On-Air Twitter Ticker, Video Touts, Second-Screen Trivia and Prize Giveaways, GetGlue Stickers
- USA Network to Launch Eight-Week Interactive, Multiplatform Murder Mystery, "Psych: The S#cial Sector"; Fans Invited to Help Solve Mystery via "a Series of Real-Time Communications, Mini-Games, Crowding-Sourcing Challenges and an Interactive Fan Theory Board where Fans Can Post Video Responses to Weekly Challenges from the 'Psych' Characters"
- Rewards-Based Social-TV Company, Viggle, Releases its Fiscal Q2, 2013 (Ended December 31st) Results: Revenues, at $3.875 Million, up 88% from Prior Quarter; Adjusted EBITDA Losses Totaled $6.451 Million, Compared to $8.484 Million, with Revenue Exceeding Cash Cost of Rewards; Registered Users, at 1.623 Million, up 42%, Monthly Active Users up 135% over Past Four Month; Founder, Chair and CEO, Robert F.X. Sillerman, Provides Company with Additional $25 Million Line of Credit
- Vimeo Acquires Echograph iOS App, Appoints Creator, Nick Alt, as VP of Mobile; App Lets Users Create Videos that Look Like Animated GIF's
- Browser-Focused Mobile Video Company, Vuclip, Acquires Application-Focused Rival, Jigsee
- Warner Bros. Entertainment to Join Turner Broadcasting's "Media Camp" Accelerator Program; Program Seeking Applications from "Early-Stage Companies Creating Disruptive Entertainment Technologies"
- Report: WD (Western Digital) Set to Migrate to Google TV
- Chinese Cable VOD Service, You On Demand, Secures its First IPTV Deal
- Youtoo Technologies Enables Viewers of Twentieth Television's "Divorce Court" to Submit Video Responses to "Question of the Week"; Viewer Videos Featured on Show each Friday
Zugara Retains IPinvestments Group to Implement Patent-Portfolio Monetization Program; Program Centers on Technologies Used in Company's Augmented Reality-Enabled Social Commerce Platform, Webcam Social Shopper (WSS)