Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (I): Oscars, Disney/ABC, A&E, Alphabird, Volt Media, Amazon, CBS, Showtime Networks, Apple, Loewe, Channel 4, "Hollyoaks," Channel 5, Windows 8, Cisco, NDS
Because the [itvt] editorial team has been busy working on The TV of Tomorrow Show 2013 (June 25th-26th in San Francisco), we are covering stories in this issue in headlines/round-up format:
- The Academy and Disney/ABC Television Group's Digital Media Team Unveil Talent Line-Up for the Oscars Second-Screen Experience, "Backstage Pass"
- A&E Extends its iOS Streaming App to iPhone
- US Audience-Development Specialist, Alphabird, Acquires Sydney-Based Video Ad Network Operator, Volt Media
- Amazon in Expanded Deal with CBS to Bring Programming from CBS Television Distribution and Showtime Networks to Amazon Prime Instant Video
- Apple Rumored to Be Planning TV-Related Press Event Next Month
- Shares of German TV Manufacturer, Loewe, Soar on Rumors that Apple Is Seeking to Buy the Company
- UK's Channel 4 Teams with Democracy and Lime Pictures to Create Second-Screen Experience for its Soap Opera, "Hollyoaks"--in the Form of a Fictional Social Network for Show's Characters
- UK's Channel 5 Launches its "Demand 5" VOD Service on Microsoft's Windows 8 Platform
- Sales of Company's Videoscape Software Result in 20% Increase in Video Revenues for Cisco; CEO Chambers: "We Continue to Drive a Transition in our Service Provider Video Business Driven by the Integration of NDS, Evolving from a Low-Margin Set-Top Box Business to More of a Profitable and Strategic Videoscape Architecture in the Cloud"