Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (II): Brightcove, Waitrose, CBS, Intel, Cinsay, RAG, Cisco, NDS, Comcast, Cox, DirecTV, Ebuzzing, Affectiva, Envivio, Espial
Because the [itvt] editorial team has been busy working on The TV of Tomorrow Show 2013 (June 25th-26th in San Francisco--Super-Early-Bird Registration ends next Thursday!), we are covering stories in this issue in headlines/round-up format:
- Brightcove's Video Cloud Platform Powering Six-Channel Online Video Service for UK Supermarket Chain, Waitrose; "Waitrose TV" Features Click-to-Buy Functionality
- Moonves: CBS in Talks about Offering Programming on Intel's Planned TV Service/Device
- Video-Commerce Specialist, Cinsay, Teams with Recording Artists Guild (RAG) to Produce "Rags to Riches Live," Billed as a "Live Streaming Social Media Music Event with Commerce Built into the Player"; Featured Performers Include Sean "Diddy" Combs
- Report: Cisco Preserving NDS's Sales and Services Teams in Order to Avoid "Suck[ing] a Software Business into a Hardware Model"; Cisco Acquired NDS for $5 Billion Last Year
- Cisco Reaffirms Commitment to CPE, Following CEO's Recent Statement that Company is "Evolving from a Low-Margin Set-Top Box Business to More of a Profitable and Strategic Videoscape Architecture in the Cloud"
- Comcast Shares Data on Usage of New Download Capability of its Xfinity TV Player App
- Tulane University Taps Cox Communications to Develop and Operate Campus IPTV Service
- DirecTV CEO Promises "Aggressive" Expansion of Company's "TV Everywhere" App in 2013
- Ebuzzing to Integrate Affectiva's Affdex "Emotion-Sensing" Facial Coding Software into its Social Video Advertising Platform; Integration Billed as Enabling "Scientific" Measurement of Consumers' Emotions as they View Video Ads
- Mexican Pay-TV Operator, Totalplay, Deploys Envivio Muse Encoders for its Linear and On-Demand Video Services
- VOD/IPTV Solutions Provider, Espial, Releases White Paper, "Agile IP Video Delivery: Redefining STB Software Architecture"