Interactive TV Headlines Round-Up (I): Oscars, Akamai, mDialog, AMC, The Nerdist, "The Talking Dead," Amino, Apple TV, BBC, Beck, Chris Milk, blinkbox, MGM
Because the [itvt] editorial team has been busy working on The TV of Tomorrow Show 2013 (June 25th-26th in San Francisco--Super-Early-Bird Registration ends next Thursday!), we are covering stories in this issue in headlines/round-up format:
- The Academy Taps Reporter Chris Connelly to Conduct Oscars Red-Carpet Celebrity Interviews for its "Backstage Pass" Second-Screen Experience
- Akamai Launches Ad Integration Services to "Simplify the Insertion of Individually Targeted Advertising Video Content into Video Streams without the Potential Quality Degradation Inherent in a Client-Based Approach"
- mDialog Powers Akamai's New Ad Integration Services Offering
- AMC in Cross-Platform Partnership with Comedian Chris Hardwick's YouTube Channel, The Nerdist; Partnership Calls for Development of The Nerdist's "All Star Celebrity Bowling" as Potential Series for AMC, and for The Nerdist to Carry Bonus Footage from Hardwick's After-Show for AMC's "The Walking Dead"
- IPTV/OTT Set-Top Box Company, Amino Communications, Names Joe Coles SVP of Product Management and Marketing
- Amino Appoints Two New Regional Sales Managers
- Apple TV Launches in India
- Apple Seeking Software Engineering Manager to "Help Deliver the Next-Generation Features for Apple TV"; Job Listing Characterizes New-Feature Development as "High Priority"
- BBC Releases Red-Button Interactive TV Schedule through February 23rd
- Musician Beck, Director Chris Milk Team on 360-Degree Interactive Video
- Tesco-Owned Broadband VOD Provider, blinkbox, in "James Bond" Deal with MGM