Televisionation: Screen Culture: Tynesha Williams, VP/Executive Creative Director of 3AM
December 15, 2021
Tynesha Williams is VP/Executive Creative Director of 3AM, a content innovation studio that turns stories into participation-first content and experiences, and that is a division of independent entertainment marketing company, Wild Card Creative Group. Tynesha has long been committed to finding better ways for consumers to engage with brands, and has helped craft award-winning, attention-grabbing campaigns for companies like Google, Facebook, McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, HBO, Amazon, FX, AT&T, Paramount, Chevy, MINI, Doritos and Starz. She has played in some of the industry’s biggest arenas, including Cannes and the Super Bowl, with a #3 finish on the Ad Meter. Tynesha not only knows her way around the advertising space, but also brings a diverse skill set that includes directing and screenwriting.
In this episode of Screen Culture, Tynesha shares how screen content—in the form of the sitcom Who’s the Boss—inspired her as a child to pursue a career in advertising. She shares key professional experiences, from creating a successful Super Bowl ad to becoming a leader in developing “worldbuilding’ immersive campaigns to market film and television properties and other products.
Tynesha and Lisa also cover:
- Generational and technological shifts that have changed consumer expectations of how they engage with content and brands
- How Tynesha approaches projects to give fans a “playground” through which to engage and become part of a brand’s story
- The blurring of lines between marketing and product, when a “big moment” within a successful campaign becomes part of the overall brand or content experience—such as the viral House of Gucci film trailer that was produced by 3AM/Wild Card
- Common benchmarks for campaigns, which range from engagement to social currency to sales
- The potential of newer technologies including AR, VR, NFTs, and early conceptions of the metaverse, to create new experiences and touchpoints for fans.
Social links for Tynesha’s agency, Wild Card Creative Group: